Did you know that even when you’re simply browsing the internet casually, someone could be spying on you? That’s right, nowadays, we live in a dangerous world where it is becoming so easy to do just about anything. And when you’re traveling to countries like Thailand, that could become an even bigger problem. But local citizens aren’t exempted from this either. There’s always a constant risk This is why it is so important to always keep your devices protected. Keep on reading to find out how with the best Thailand VPN.
What is the best VPN for Thailand?
Before we get to my recommendations, you’re probably wondering what makes a good Thai VPN. Well, don’t worry because I’ve got you covered. Here are the general criteria that I based my rankings on:
- Safe – The VPNs shouldn’t keep any logs. This means that they don’t record or store any of your online history or personal information.
- Fast – Of course, a good provider should be fast so that it doesn’t bring you any inconvenience. The best ones have a tier 1 network and premium servers.
- Server locations and number – The services should have at least one server for the country that you are going to visit. In this case, Thailand, because you need to unlock local content. But it should also have a good amount of servers located in other countries around the world for when you want to get through geo-restrictions.
- User-friendly – It should be super easy to use so that everybody can protect their devices without a hitch.
- Affordable – The providers offer a lot of exclusive promotions which are sure to give you your money’s worth and save a couple of bucks. There’s also money-back guarantees available for those who simply want to test it out for a while.
- Streaming and torrenting features – Paired with the no-log policy, it should be easy and safe for you to stream or download whatever torrent files you want. You don’t have to worry about anything because you’ll be protected by their security features like the kill switch and IP leak protection.
Here are the rankings of the best VPN Thailand:
How to Use a Thailand VPN
If you have no clue how to go about this whole thing, you don’t have to worry about anything because I’m here to help you out with that. Here is a short step by step tutorial on how to install and use your very own Thai VPN.
- Pick any of the best VPN for Thailand from the list above. My personal favorite is ExpressVPN, you should consider it.
- Press on the button to go to the official site.
- Select a payment plan, create an account, and subscribe.
- Download and launch the app on your device.
- Once you’re in, select any server in the country to get a Thailand IP address.
- Enjoy browsing safely online!
Can I get a Thailand VPN free?
This is one question that I always seem to get a lot.
While I hate to burst your bubble, I wouldn’t recommend you get a provider that claims to be the “best free VPN for Thailand”. Why? Even though it claims to be free and asks for nothing, it still has to make money off of you somehow.
Most free providers actually don’t follow the same set of rules and regulations the best VPN for Thailand does. In fact, they are the opposite. The free services actually take your personal information and sell it to advertising companies. This is why you’ll notice that you are always constantly bombarded by ads and sudden pop-ups. Instead of hiding and protecting your private information, they give it out instead. All for making a quick buck.
Don’t get me wrong, I have nothing against free VPNs. I’m actually someone who’d love to be able to save some money but I just don’t think it’s worth the risk and disadvantages. What disadvantages am I talking about you ask? One of the other reasons why I wouldn’t advise you to subscribe to a free service is because it gives you a very limited data cap. I know of some that only allow their users 500 MB a month. If you’re a heavy streamer, then this is definitely not an option for you. You can get around 2 YouTube videos from this limit.
And, it doesn’t have all the good features a premium VPN has.
Is there a premium Thailand VPN free?
While there are no free premium VPNs (I mean, how could they afford to maintain all their services if they just gave it out for free?), there are money-back guarantees. If you’re only going to be needing a Thai VPN for a short while, you can try out this method. Or, if you simply want to test out the provider, I’m sure the company would be more than happy to help you out in this matter.
Why You Should Get a Thai VPN
If you’re still debating on whether or not getting a VPN is worth it or not, then keep on reading while I tell you about all the things and benefits you can get out of it.
Who needs a VPN?
Everyone needs a VPN. Regardless of whether you’re a tourist or a local, everyone should equally be able to keep their online identity safe.
- Tourists – If you’re simply on vacation, you’d still probably want to access your streaming subscriptions like Netflix or BBC iPlayer. But oftentimes, these are geo-locked and only available in your home country. So, you need a VPN to ditch your IP Thailand and disguise yourself as if you’ve never left home.
- Expats – A lot of expats still need to access their files. But again, the server network most probably restricts access to it and you need to be within the same region. A Virtual Private Network can easily change your Thai IP to make it look like you’re back in the workplace and you can do everything you need to without having to go back and forth all the time.
- Local citizens – As I said earlier, it’s very important that you always keep yourself safe online even when you’re just on social media. But privacy isn’t the only reason you have for needing a VPN Thailand IP. You can also easily access content from all around the world. Some sites are only available in certain countries while some users also want access to the US Netflix library – more on this later.
What the Best VPN for Thailand Can Do for You
Here are some ideas on what you can do with a good Thai VPN.
Protect Your Privacy
Like I keep on mentioning, a Thailand VPN is great for protecting your online privacy. This is because it doesn’t keep any logs of your internet activity.
With this, you are free to do whatever you want online without worrying about your sensitive information. Feel free to shop, browse, bank, or make inquiries online. This is all thanks to the no-log policy paired with the super-secure encryption it processes your data through.
You see, whenever you connect to a VPN server, your traffic is processed with military-grade encryption inside a secure tunnel. This way, no third-parties can see what you’re up to! Not even the Thai government. And, in case of a breach of security, they have a lot of features in place to protect you from whatever happens. A good example would be the kill switch which basically locks out all the snoopers by cutting the internet connection you’re keeping.
And if you’re scared of copyright laws for torrenting, all the security features, including the no-log policy and the P2P feature will keep you hidden. Now, you can enjoy torrenting whatever files you want with no interruptions.
Lastly, did you know that whenever you connect to free WiFi networks, you’re actually exposing yourself to an even bigger threat? These free WiFi networks are actually a haven for hackers. This is where they like to hide malware that is designed to infiltrate your device the moment you connect to it. But, you can easily evade this when you’re under the protection of a Thailand VPN.
Try ExpressVPN Now
49% Discount + 3 Months FREE (Valid Until February 2024)
Watch TV Channels and Streaming Services
Even though you have a VPN, you can still access all the local TV channels with no problem. Just as long as you connect to a Thai VPN server.
As for streaming platforms, you’re probably waiting on the big Netflix discussion. It is the main reason why VPNs are so famous anyway.
If you’ve tried accessing Netflix in Thailand, you may have noticed that you don’t get the same amount of movies compared to the United States. That’s because it’s actually only the US has the complete Netflix library. Even Canada and the UK have a really limited selection.
But we can’t blame them for this. Netflix even once mentioned that they’d love to give everyone equal access to the movies. But, they have copyright and distribution laws holding them back.
So, you should use the best VPN for Thailand to get around this problem. All you need to do is simply connect to a US server, and you’ll automatically get the entire Netflix movie library at the tip of your fingers.
Just keep in mind that not all providers are capable of getting through Netflix’s tight defense system against proxies or VPNs. Just stick to the Thai VPN recommendations I made earlier on, and you should be good to go.
Try ExpressVPN Now
49% Discount + 3 Months FREE (Valid Until February 2024)
Let’s Wrap It Up
Always keep in mind that everyone is constantly exposed to online threats if they remain unprotected. And if you’re visiting other countries or even if you’re just a local, you should definitely get a Thailand VPN to secure your connection and protect yourself from any harm.
But the best VPN for Thailand is not just good for protecting yourself, it can also give you other benefits like accessing content from other countries. This includes getting the complete Netflix movie library.
Just be wary of free providers because instead of taking your money, they might take your personal information instead. Instead, I recommend trying out ExpressVPN. It is famous for being one of the most secure providers on the market and it gives you the best service you could possibly ask for. I myself have been a loyal user for years and I still have yet to find any flaws.
If you want to give it a test run first, you can do so with their 30-day money-back guarantee.
That’s it for this short guide. I hope you’ve made up your mind about the best VPN for Thailand. Thanks for reading!