We all love Netflix and we equally love Kodi as well but the ultimate dream is to combine both of them together. Imagine being able to enjoy Netflix on Kodi as if it were simply a Kodi-Netflix addon? It is stuff that dreams are made of when imagining your Kodi and Netflix platforms working hand in hand to provide you with all the entertainment you will ever need.
Kodi and Netflix are easily two of the most popular platforms among those that love to watch streams of their favorite movies and television shows.
This article will take you through that installation process and will also help you with things like how you can get free Netflix on Kodi and how you can use a VPN to get around geo-restrictions that some might have when watching Netflix without Kodi.
So what are you waiting for? Read on to learn just how you can about putting Netflix on your Kodi app in our informative and easy-to-understand guide!
How to Install Netflix on Kodi
Now that you are intrigued, you are surely going to want to know how to install Netflix on Kodi? Well, getting the Netflix Kodi addon is not as easy as you might imagine but we are here to do our best to explain it to you in as easy a way as possible.
There are three things you are going to need, or just two if you are based in the US. First, you will need the Kodi NetflixBMC addon and secondly an Alelec repository. All those that are not in the US will then need a VPN.
- Go to this link to download the Alelec
- Download and install Kodi and navigate to the settings.
- Go into ‘system settings’ > switch to ‘expert mode’ > go to ‘Add-ons’ > enable ‘unknown sources.
- Go back to the home screen in Kodi and go into ‘Add-ons’ – here you can install the Alelec Simply click ‘Install from ZIP’ file and navigate to where you saved the downloaded zip file from earlier.
- Go back into the add-on browser in Kodi and you will now be able to install the repo. Select ‘install from repository’ and select the ‘Alelec Kodi Repo’ before clicking ‘program add-ons. Here you need to select ‘Chrome Launcher’ and once it has installed, make sure you have enabled it.
- Now you need to install the NetflixBMC and this time this is done via ‘Video add-ons’. Once in there, you will see NetflixBMC and simply just select it.
- Now you just need to go back to the home screen, select videos and then set the addon as NetflixBMC. There you have it, you now just need to log into your Netflix account and watch away from your Kodi.
Now, for those of you that are not in the US, there is a good chance that you will not be able to watch paid or free Netflix on Kodi or through any browser on your device. This is because this streaming platform is geo-restricted in many countries.
VPN Saves the Day
So what is the point in knowing how to install Netflix on Kodi if you cannot watch it anyway? Simply put, you can watch it – all you need to do is get a VPN. Making use of your Kodi Netflix addon can be done quite easily if you find and use a good quality VPN provider that will be able to mask your IP address and give the impression that you are located within the US.
All of your traffic will be encrypted and your IP will be changed due to the VPNs rerouting you to various servers all over the world. Whatever you are doing online will be completely private and you will be able to get around geo-restrictions like those imposed on Netflix.
While there are some free VPNs such as Windscribe that will give you the ability to watch Netflix on Kodi – these will often be limited. Windscribe only gives you 10gb a month but this is better than many others that will not give you much more than a GB.
We actually recommend using paid VPNs such as the ones below:
These do not cost much in general and will not only give you unlimited data but will also have much better features compared to the free ones.
You will also have reduced speeds and might have to put up with annoying advertisements if you go for a free version of a VPN. For the sake of a two or three dollars a month for a proper VPN – is this really worth it?
Get Free Netflix on Kodi
Did you know the trick you can do to get free Netflix via the free trials? B simply using a different email and credit card or payment method you can create a new account and instantly be able to avail of the 30-free trial that Netflix offers.
The only problem with this method is that you will only be able to do it a few times (as nobody has an unlimited supply of credit cards or PayPal accounts). Unfortunately, that is the only way to get free Netflix on Kodi at the moment and even then it is 30-days at a time.
We are sure you will admit that the process of installing Netflix on Kodi is far from a straightforward one but we are sure you also agree that it is worth the effort. Kodi and Netflix combined make for a match made in heaven and you only have to go through the pain of installing it once.
Once you have managed to get Netflix on your Kodi app, you can then start to enjoy the features of both platforms working in perfect harmony. Just be sure to use a VPN if you are not in the US as you might find that you will not be able to watch Netflix at all. The Kodi Netflix addon is awesome!